May 1, 2020
To our valued patients, friends, and families,
We hope this letter finds you safe and healthy! This has been such an unusual time as we have all been dealing with challenges in different ways. We hope that you have been able to find the silver lining in all of this, hopefully more time with family, time outside, time working on odds and ends.
We want to show gratitude to each and every one of you for how kind and understanding you all have been through this process. We are trying very hard to take care of every one of you and knowing that you all have been so understanding has meant the world to all of us here at the office.
Arizona governor, Doug Ducey, has recently issued guidance and has lifted restrictions for us, as an orthodontic office, to be able to see our patients again very soon. This is great news and we are thrilled to hear it! This news brings with it significant amounts of preparation as we plan to protect the health and safety of our patients, team, and related friends and families.
We have invested significant amounts of time and energy into staying up to date with the needed requirements for infection control within the office. We follow infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA).
We want to share with you the changes you can expect to see moving forward. Some of these changes will be convenient and others may not be, but 100% of these changes are meant to keep you and everyone as safe as possible.
- We will start seeing patients again on Monday, May 4th
SCHEDULING OF APPOINTMENTS
- We ask that you be patient as we will be reaching out to you as soon as possible to get your appointments rescheduled.
- We ask that you please allow us to call you rather than you call the office. We understand this may seem odd but we ask this because we want to be able to get through rescheduling as efficiently as possible. Protocols are in place as to how we will begin the rescheduling process. Having been closed for 6 weeks has presented significant challenges that we are working through as fast as possible and your patience is so very much appreciated!
- We have set aside a specific time each week for those patients that are either 60 years or older, immunocompromised, or are in another high-risk group.
- Please expect some texts messages prior to your appointments once they get scheduled as they will have very important information in them.
DOCTOR AND TEAM
- Daily health screening for all employees – Dr Murphy and team will be filling out a health questionnaire along with taking temperatures first thing every morning
- Strict use of personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Regular handwashing and use of hand sanitizer between patients
ARRIVAL TO YOUR APPOINTMENT
- Please brush your teeth before arriving to the office. The brushing station needs to remain closed at this time.
- Patients must wear a mask to the office.
- We have hand sanitizer that we will ask all patients to use upon arrival.
- A wellness screening will be performed on each patient. Prior to entering the office a few health-related questions will need to be answered and each person’s temperature will be taken with a non-contact infrared thermometer.
- Social distancing, whenever possible, will be practiced; this will include closure of our waiting room. Only a few chairs will be available for those patients with special needs.
- We ask that only the patient come in for their appointment. We are doing this to help minimize exposure to everyone; patients and team members.
- We will have a greeter help facilitate the wellness screening and then escort each patient into the office at the beginning of their appointment.
DEPARTURE FROM YOUR APPOINTMENT
- We will have a greeter help escort each patient out at the end of each appointment.
- Scheduling of future follow-up appointments after the appointment is completed will be done via a new app after the patient completes the appointment. This helps minimize the number of people in the office. You will receive instructions on how to download and use the app at your appointment.
We look forward to seeing you again and will be contacting you to schedule an appointment very soon! Thank you for being our patient. We value your trust and loyalty!
Dr. Murphy and the Murphy Team