Dr. Murphy and our whole team place great importance on community involvement, and we have a proud history of donating our time, energy, financial support and resources to many worthy organizations throughout our community.
We are active supporters of our community schools, both public and private. Whether making a presentation in the classroom, participating in school carnivals, or hosting a field trip we are passionate about supporting education. Silent auction donations, support of parent groups, supplying needed materials, supporting fund raisers, and honoring teachers are all part of the many ways we support our schools.
Each year our team adopts a designated primary charity for that year. For 2014 We are very pleased to announce that we have selected the following organizations for our annual “Adopt – A – Charity Program”.
• Sharing Down Syndrome of Arizona
• DS Network of Arizona
Throughout the year we feature patient contests with an extra component through which Dr. Murphy makes donations for these organizations. In addition we participate in special events to support these causes.
It is our great pleasure to give back to the community in honor of our patients! We are truly blessed with wonderful patients and families and are proud to say that they share in our enthusiasm and support our commitment to the community. They donate their own contributions and many even give up their Murphy Money tokens, which are then given as financial donations to charities.
In addition, we proudly support local and national organizations that make our communities a better place to live. We gladly have donated to and sponsored events to benefit the following worthy causes:
- St. Mary’s Food Bank Alliance
- Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Foundation
- Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure – Phoenix
- Ovarian Cancer Alliance of Arizona
- 4th Annual Run/Walk to Break the Silence on Ovarian Cancer
- Ronald McDonald House Charities of Phoenix
- Arizona Humane Society, Arizona Animal Welfare League and ASPCA, HALO Animal Rescue,
- Maricopa County Animal Care and Control, and Empty Bowl Pet Food Pantry